So, have you been on the lookout for ways to save money on your heating system Moore, OK this winter? You are not alone. And lucky for you, this article can help with your energy concerns. We have compiled some of the power-saving tips while keeping your comfort a top priority, so be sure to check them out below!
Why You Should Care About Your Heating System This Winter
Your heating system has been a lifesaver during those cold winter months, keeping you and your family warm. But in return, you should give it some much-needed attention and care. Unless you want it to break down when you need it the most.
The following are a few reasons you should not neglect your heating system, especially during the freezing season.
- Keep your family warm: Your heating system keeps your family warm during the coldest months of the year. Make sure it is in good working condition so that you can enjoy a comfortable indoor temperature all winter long.
- Improve indoor air quality: Poor indoor air quality can cause health problems, especially for people with allergies or respiratory conditions. A properly functioning heating system will help improve the air quality in your home by circulating fresh, clean air.
- Prevent breakdowns: You don’t want your heating system to break down in the middle of the winter, do you? By taking care of your unit, you can help prevent any significant problems from occurring later on. It includes changing your furnace filter regularly and getting annual tune-ups.
- Prevent damage to your home: Cold weather can cause severe damage to your home, including frozen pipes and a cracked foundation. A well-maintained heating system will help prevent these problems by keeping your home warm and dry.
- Avoid expensive repairs: Regular maintenance can prevent costly heating repairs. Schedule a tune-up for your unit before the cold weather hits to avoid unexpected issues this winter.
- Save money on your energy bills: An efficient heating system will use less energy and save you money on your monthly energy bills. Make sure your system is running efficiently this winter to keep your energy costs down.
Just like any other piece of equipment in your home, your heater system Moore, OK needs adequate care to keep it running at its best. Failure to do so can lead to a host of problems – from a decrease in efficiency to a breakdown that leaves you without heat on a cold winter night.
Use the abovementioned tips as a starting point to keep your family safe and warm, prevent damage to your home, and save money on your energy costs.
8 Winter Money-Saving Tips for Your Heating System Moore, OK
When it comes to your heating system, a little bit of maintenance can go a long way. This winter, take some time to save money on your heating bill by following some of these simple tips:
- Schedule an annual tune-up for your furnace or heat pump. Like your car, your heating system needs regular maintenance to run efficiently. A professional HVAC technician can clean and adjust your system, improving its efficiency and extending its lifespan.
- Upgrade to a more efficient system. If your heating system is outdated or inefficient, upgrading to a newer, more efficient model can help you save money on your energy bills.
- Install a programmable thermostat. A programmable thermostat allows you to set different temperatures for different times of the day, so you’re not heating your home when nobody is there. It can save you a significant amount of money on your heating bill.
- Seal and insulate your home. Heat always moves from warmer to cooler areas. So, if your home is not well-sealed and insulated, heat will escape, and you may likely spend more money to keep your home warm. Spend some time this winter sealing up any cracks or gaps in your home’s envelope, and make sure that your insulation is sufficient.
- Use space heaters wisely. Space heaters can be a great way to supplement your primary heating system, but they can also be a source of wasted energy if misused. When using a space heater, only heat the room you’re currently using and turn it off when you leave the room.
- Raise your thermostat’s setpoint. If you can comfortably raise your thermostat’s setpoint by a few degrees, you can save a significant amount of money on your heating bill. Just be sure to dress warmly when it’s cold outside.
- Change your furnace filter more often. A dirty furnace filter can reduce your heating system’s efficiency, so regularly change it. Most filters should be replaced every month or two, depending on the type of filter and the level of contamination.
- Keep an eye on your heating bills. If you notice a sudden spike, it could indicate that your unit is not operating as efficiently as it should be. Call a professional to take a look at your heating system Moore, OK, and see if any easy fixes can be made.
Follow these tips to save a significant amount on your heater this winter while keeping your home warm and cozy all season long.
Does Turning Your Heat Down at Night Save Money?
Many of us have this habit of turning our heat down at night. We think that it will save us money on our energy bills, but is this actually the case? The simple answer is yes.
By turning your heat down at night, you are essentially using less energy to heat your home and spending less money on your energy bill. Of course, the amount of money you save by doing this will vary depending on a number of factors, such as the size of your home, the type of heating system you have, and the cost of your energy.
However, even small savings can add up over time, so it is definitely worth considering if you want to save money on your energy bill.
Even turning the heat down just a few degrees can already significantly impact your electricity bill. In fact, according to the U.S. Department of Energy, you can save about 1% on your heating bill for every degree that you lower your thermostat.
So, if you turn your thermostat down from 70 degrees to 60 degrees, you could save 10% on your heating bill!
But there are some things to consider before making this change in your home.
- You need to think about how comfortable you and your family will be if the temperature is lower at night. If everyone is okay with a slightly cooler temperature, turning the heat down is a great way to save money.
- Ensure you have the proper insulation in your home so that the heat doesn’t escape when you turn it down. It will help keep your home warm and prevent any unwanted drafts.
Plus, did you know that a not well-insulated property can lead to higher energy bills? That’s because your home will lose more heat, and your furnace will have to work harder to keep up.
So, if you’re not sure whether or not your home is well insulated, it’s best to consult a professional before making any changes.
- Consider the type of heating system you have in your home. Some are designed to work well when the temperature is turned down at night. If you have a forced air heating system, for example, the furnace may turn on and off frequently, which can actually end up costing you more money.
So, the next time you consider turning off your heater at night, take into account all of these factors, and you’re good to go.
Gober Heating & Air Conditioning Can Save Your Year-Round Savings on a Heating System!
The winter in Moore, OK, is no joke. The cold can cause your heating system to work overtime, driving up your energy bills. But there are ways to stay warm and save money on your heating system this winter. Gober Heating & Air Conditioning can help you find the right solution for your home or business. We offer a variety of services, including:
Heating System Maintenance: Our team of experts will clean and inspect your heating system to make sure it’s running efficiently. This can help prevent costly repairs down the road and keep your energy bills low.
Heating System Repair: If your heating system does need repairs, our team is here to help. We will diagnose the problem and get your system back up and running as quickly as possible.
Heating System Replacement: If you have an old or inefficient unit, we can help you find a replacement that will save you money in the long run. We will help you choose the right system for your home or business and ensure it is installed correctly.
If you need help with your furnace system Moore, OK, this winter season, call Gober Heating & Air Conditioning at (405) 630-0601. We’re here to help you stay warm and save money!